Ride Thursday, April 19, 2012 (distance to be determined)

Thursday is going to be great! The weather man promises. This “Grafton East” offers three different distances for you to choose from. You may even be able to check out the map and make it even shorter if necessary. This is one of the Freewheeler’s routes, so we can thank Brian Hedney for what’s sure to be a great route.

Start location: Grafton Community Centre
Route map: “Grafton East” Freewheeler route map here

If you take a moment to mention below what sort of distance you want to go, it will help others to also plan ahead. See you on the road! Oh, by the way….print out the map and bring it with you. You never know when you’ll need it enroute.

19 Responses to Ride Thursday, April 19, 2012 (distance to be determined)

1. Maria Garrett says:

I plan on being there and want to do the 51 km (I think that’s what it said!). I’ll be riding out to Grafton too if anyone else wants to ride out together.

2. Jim Keill says:

I plan on trying the 51km route. What is meant by a rough road – poyholes, gravel, big cracks?

3. Paul Mills says:

I plan to ride the 51 k route. Maria if we ride from Cobourg 51 becomes 73*75k ? Are you up for that distance ? I missed this ride last year so am exited about a new route for me.

• Maria Garrett says:

I’d like to do a longer ride as I’ll be missing riding this weekend due to the Can Bike course! This route has some hilly parts but is a nice one.

4. Paul Mills says:

Does 9 20 am in front of Cobourg East work for you Maria ?

5. Steve says:

I’ll be there.

6. marianne says:

hmmm..we’re all on our prep periods at 10 ! – better not risk the jobs though..

7. Dennis says:

I’ll be there.

Can’t go as I have to work. But given the long distance, it would be too far for me anyway! Have fun!

9. Rosemary says:

I am a new member and was planning on coming out tomorrow and doing the 36k. Just wondered if it is a very hilly route?

• nhcycling says:

Well, there are some hills…..that’s just a given with most of our routes. Just about anything that goes north of the 401 has hills. However, most hills are do-able if you just plan to slow it down, and go at your own pace. There will be others there, so don’t worry, you won’t be left behind!

10. Anita Macklin says:

I’m riding too! So, I’ll meet Paul and Maria in front of the East High school at 9:20. It’s gonna be a looooooong ride after I go to and from my home.

11. Klaus Schroeder says:

You guys are nuts! Cobourg (Victoria Park) to Grafton is 16 Km. So, by my math 16 + 16 + 51 = 83. For those wanting a lesser distance I would suggest Grafton to Colborne (15 Km one way) and is generally flat.
    If I am able to go I will start in Grafton and decide on length in Vernonville. I love the wonderful down on Shelter Valley.

• Jen P. says:

Marianne, Frank and I did Shelter Valley a couple of days ago..one of my favourite routes in Northumberland County:)

• Anita Macklin says:

My house to the East high school and back = 10km Guess that will be about 93km for me! I’d better pack a sandwich…… 🙂