Interclub Ride: Saturday, August 25th

Maria Garrett has put together an Interclub ride (isn’t she awesome?) for August 25th at 10:00 with the Northumberland Hills Cycling Club, Cobourg Cycling Club, and the Ganaraska Freewheelers.

We’ll be using Brian Hedney’s 63 km “Trent River Truckin” GFW route but with a change. Rather than starting in Warkworth, we’ll meet in Campbellford. This will give us the opportunity to finish at Capers Restaurant where we can socialize over lunch and drinks afterwards. It will also allow for variations of the route such as a shorter and less hilly ride by cutting out the loop to Warkworth.

Start time: 10:00
Route Map: “Trent River Truckin” route map here
Start Location: Fisher’s No Frills parking lot, 15 Canrobert St., Campbellford

Parking: Behind Capers (around the corner at 28 Bridge St. West), or at the No Frills parking lot

Please comment below if you plan on attending the ride and/or lunch/drinks at Capers so that Maria can confirm numbers and make appropriate reservations.

This entry was posted in Special Events, Uncategorized, Upcoming Rides. Bookmark the permalink.

19 Responses to Interclub Ride: Saturday, August 25th

1. Sue Throop says:

wow, nice work maria! sounds great, unfortunately i’ll be away that weekend, will miss out on another awesome ride 🙁

2. Jim Pare says:

This is a nice ride – Sue & I will be in SW Ontario that weekend, though, so we’ll miss out.
    FYI – CR-8 east of CR-38 is being resurfaced. Hopefully it will be completed by the 25th.

3. Jim Keill says:

I will be riding and eating. Susan may join us at Capers for eats.

4. James Barnes says:

I will likely be there. Sounds like some of the CCC Will be there too.

5. Jim Keill says:

Maria – do you need a ride?

6. Pingback: No official Club ride on Sunday August 26th | Northumberland Hills Cycling Club

7. David says:

Mahoney road has about of 300M of gravel just North of Skinkle. Since it is my area I am goign to try to make it.

8. Sophia Huyer says:

I will be planning to join the ride and to have lunch at Capers.

9. James M. says:

I’m planning on riding and eating. I’ve also got two extra spaces on my rack if anybody needs a lift to Campbellford.

10. Marianne says:

I’m planning on riding at least part of the route – maybe shorter version – and eating. Thanks Maria!

11. David says:

Jim P. Here is an idea, straight up Front to Rylestone , North to 13th Concession then West to 50 and have a nice smooth and fast downhill finish to C’ford. As well starting out, head west on 35 to Godolphin , southt to 6th and then east to Skinkle. We get the distance, avoid road construction and the hills coming out of Warkworth. Plus Rylestone and the 13t are lovely and scenic routes.

12. David says:

Also Victoria St is under major construction. Easy alternate, is to continue along on the 5th to 30 then go north(right).

13. Anita Macklin says:

Randy and I a are coming! See you all there 🙂

14. Anita Macklin says:

And Randy should have the jerseys with him, if anyone has ordered one and hasn’t picked it up yet.