Sunday August 19th: “Jamie’s Route” (80km)

Yep, we’ll do it again on Sunday, so if you missed it on Thursday, here’s your opportunity. The 80km covers three different townships with this new route for our club.

Note: At the moment, there is no “printable map” available, so you will have to take some notes of your own from the link below.

Start location: The Community Centre in Baltimore
Route Map Link: “Jamie’s Route” 79km link here.

Please use the commenting section below to let others know that you’re riding. 🙂

28 Responses to Sunday August 19th: “Jamie’s Route” (80km)

1. Roy Martin says:

Roy will likely be there.

2. Marianne says:

I’ll be there ! 80 with hills seems daunting – am going to drive it in the car today & see – likely looking for shortcuts… or maybe just stopping downtown for lunch before climbing home would make it work.

3. James Barnes says:

If the route is started in Cobourg the is where the climbing starts. Most of the hills are over by Speechly road. If the ride starts in Baltimore the climb will be at the beginning and at the end of the ride. Most of these hills have been ridden by the club. The new hills are smaller than the hills on Community centre road.

4. vivian says:

If it is dry I will ride Sunday, from Donegan at 8:30. The route does have some hills, there are 3 places to buy water and there are short cuts if any one needs to bail out. Good idea to bring the instructions and map and study it ahead of time .

5. John says:

Looks like a good rioute . I’ll be there.

6. James Barnes says:

Look for Short cuts at:
    Centreton Road. This will take you South to Grafton
    Broomfield Road This will take you to Shelter Valley Road just West of Vernonville
    Old Shelter Valley Road This will take you to Shelter Valley Road
    County road 25 Will take you to Colborne It will also intersect with this route at Orchard road.
    25 is a Main thoroughfare. Read as busy.

I have this feeling that I am to be somewhere on Sunday… If not I will see you.

7. David says:

I iwll be theren, hmm should I ride from Warkworth?

8. James Barnes says:

Bring Water and a few $ to refill your bottles. This is not a one bottle ride. Steady pace is the way to ride this one. Stopping seems to make the legs ache.

9. James Barnes says:

So Sorry, I can’t make it this Sunday. I found the earlier commitment. It was to a 95K ride that includes the Starkville Hill. Enjoy the ride.

10. David says:

JB, Would you please provide instructions to print the map, unless you are a MMR GOld member one cannot do so.

Thanks

11. Debbie Robertson says:

I going to give it a try!

12. David says:

I will dutifuly follow.. and ride from Donnegan at 8;30!

13. Diane Martin says:

Roy will be there and will ide from Baltimore.
    Hi Jamie are you going on the Cobourg Club ride from Mitch house

14. nelsoncaron says:

I think I will do this ride. I just got back from a three day conferance so I’m a little sore. I will think about my starting point. I’m not going to be setting any speed records today thats for sure…

15. James Barnes says:

Take lots of water… Remember to drink it.
    Pace yourself… The hills do tend to take their toll.
    This ride is equivalent to the 100K ride in terms of energy used. (The hills make it seem like more)
    Enjoy the Ride!

16. Jim Keill says:

Jim, Roy and Debbie managed to miss a turn, get lost and ride 111kms by the end of the ride. Ouch.