Let the planning begin! To make a full 100km, we depart Donegan Park at 9:00am, travel to Presqu’ile Park then continue all the way to the Lighthouse before returning. It’s a lovely, flattish route, ideal route for your first 100k. A lakeside lunch spot in Gosport is an ideal opportunity to break the ride into two parts. There will be two different speed groups (Non-Stoppers and First Timers), so pick the one that’s most suitable for you.
First-Timers: “Am I capable of the distance?”
“Flattish” means it’s easier, but some endurance is required. If you’re able to complete a 60km on some our regular hillier rides (with few stops) comfortably, then you can likely handle it. If you find that you typically struggle to keep up with the regular paced group on 40k rides, then we wouldn’t recommend it. If you just aren’t sure, talk to some experienced club members who would be happy to help you determine whether or not this ride is for you. Below are a few tips to ensure a successful and fun ride:
- Plan to take a break for lunch
- Have 2 bottles of water/gatorade on your bike
- Hydrate well the day before. Drink at least 8 glasses of water!
- Plan to drink about 1 bottle every 1-2 hours (re-fill Colborne and Brighton)
- Carry some food in your pockets (granola bar, trail mix, or banana etc.)
- Pace yourself and don’t go too fast. You have all day.
- Spare tire, pump/CO2, patch kit, and tire levers are essential
- Rest for two days prior. Don’t ride.
- Have a cell-phone on hand
Nobody will be left behind. It’s not a race. Plan to take your time and enjoy. An experienced club member will accompany the first timers and will be available for support, encouragement and assistance.
Restaurant Reservations: Reservations will be made at the Harbourview Cafe in Gosport for 11:30–12:00 (Non-stoppers) and 12:30-1:00 (First Timers). Of course that estimated time of arrival can only be approximate.
Start Time: 9:00am
Start Location: Donegan Park
Route Map: Coming Soon
Please indicate below which group you plan to ride with and more importantly, if you are planning to have lunch at the Harbourview Cafe. We’ll need to know so that adequate reservations can be made.