Thursday August 16th: “Jamie’s Route” (80km)

This ride is 80km and will take you into three different townships. There are new roads that the NHCC hasn’t taken before, so this should be a great ride. If you are interested in making the route a little shorter, please use the commenting section below and perhaps Jamie could offer some suggestions. A big thanks to Jamie for developing this route!

Note: At the moment, there is no “printable map” available, so you will have to take some notes of your own from the link below.

Start location: The Community Centre in Baltimore
Route Map Link: “Jamie’s Route” 79km link here.
R ide leader: Jamie Barnes

Please comment below to let others know what you’re up to. It’s always nice to know that others will be riding.

21 Responses to Thursday August 16th: “Jamie’s Route” (80km)

1. James Barnes says:

The link above will take you to the turn by turn print out.

2. Jim Keill says:

Does it start at the community center? I plan to be there

3. Jim Keill says:

Oops. Read everything Jim as Jamie already stated it starts at the community center.

4. James Barnes says:

Yes!! This ride starts at the community centre. If we have enough agreement we could start in town.

5. James M. says:

This looks like it could be a lot of fun. I’ll be there at the community centre.

6. Paul Mills says:

I plan to ride from Donegan @ 8 30.New route for but my printer is down.

7. Marianne says:

Hi ! I drove this route in my car this morning & Jit is fantastic ! Lots of variety and views & not too hilly after all.
    Jamie said I could let you know some changes to make to the list of turns… so here goes !

At 4.23 km it is a Left onto OGrady____at 9.21 km it is a left___at 33.51 you need to turn Right onto Trottman Road & there is not a street sign___ at 35.46 turn Right and then stay on Telephone Road until 36.36___at 36.36 turn Left onto Honey Road___at 39.41 the sign says Heeley (not Durham)
    Hope that’s clear enough !
    (also I got confused going through Castleton – but basically just fly right through, no turning needed) Enjoy !!

8. Mike Mclellan says:

I plan to ride but I will start from Donegan @ 8:30

9. James Barnes says:

The Cue sheet has been changed

10. James Barnes says:

Don’t ride out from town too hard. We know you are going to meet us at the community centre.

11. Jim Keill says:

Wow what a ride and not for the faint of heart. The many hills and brisk wind made for a very challenging ride. Marianne, I don’t think you drove Jamie’s route. Relatively flat – I don’t think so.

12. Paul Mills says:

Jamie Thanks for leading today. I enjoyed the new route for me even though I took the ‘OLD SHELTER VALLEY ‘ shortcut which was 66k instead of 80. I bent my front derailleur so had to climb using my big ring. Next time I will be able to use the snall ring.