NHCC Century Ride planning: Need a few volunteers

The NHCC Century Ride will take place on Sunday the 23rd with a 9am start. Full details will follow in the next few days.

We hope to offer both a Metric Century (100km) true Century Ride (160.9km) complete with a sag wagon to assist riders, and also to provide water, snacks, ice, and other essentials at various points along the route.

In order to make this happen, we are asking for a couple of volunteers to drive a vehicle that could accommodate a couple of bicycles if necessary, and assist in the distribution of the items as described above. The volunteers do not need to be club member….so it’s a great way to get your spouse/partner out participating with us  (hint hint) 🙂

The NHCC would supply all of the described items and also reimburse the volunteer driver(s) gas costs.

Any volunteers? If you want to be part of the planning, please comment below.

This entry was posted in Special Events, Uncategorized, Upcoming Rides. Bookmark the permalink.

10 Responses to NHCC Century Ride planning: Need a few volunteers

1. vivian says:

I can help with organizing a ride on Sunday but not Saturday and of course I would like to ride as well!

2. john says:

My wife Cynthia said she would act as a volunteer driver

3. kschroeder1 says:

What is the route?? I do have some suggestions and I’d also be happy to sit in the comfort of my
    Roadtrek as a sag…never been a sag before…

4. Anne Schmidt says:

Gee…hope you can century on 23rd…22nd is United Way Dragon Boat Race…
    Great idea
    Anne Schmidt
    Would love to ride.

5. kschroeder1 says:

I just found out that we have a dinner engagement on the 22nd so I would have to be home by 3:00 pm. As for a route, you may want to think about riding out to Brighton and then tag on “Brian Hedney’s “First Half Flat” to get your 160 KM.

6. Maria Garrett says:

Has it been decided which day the ride will be? I can do the 23rd but am dragon boating on the 22nd.

7. nhcycling says:

Sunday the 23rd, 9am start. We will be in touch with SAG wagon volunteers early in the week to coordinate and organize.

8. kschroeder1 says:

Just so you know, I have set the 23rd aside as a SAG volunteer. I have a camper van but it has no working toilet available until I can fix a small leak. But, I can carry four bikes and as many people as necessary (although there are only seat belts for 3). The camper also has a working fridge and space for any “gear” that folks would like me to carry…water, lunch, beer, clothes, etc.