We have been asked for our support in the first ever Bike Up Northumberland charity ride in support of both the Northumberland Hills and Campbellford Memorial Hospital Foundations.
This exciting new event will take place on Saturday, September 12 and will consist of distances for all cycling enthusiasts ranging from 5k, 10k, 25k, 50k and 100k rides along our Waterfront Trail. All rides will start and finish at Donegan Park in Cobourg where pre- and post-ride festivities will be held.
We are hoping a strong showing and financial support from the membership of the Northumberland Hills Cycling Club, the Cobourg Cycling Club, and as many friends and families as possible to establish a firm foundation for what will hopefully become an annual event. We’ll be participating in a sport we all love while assisting our two local county Hospitals.
Here are a few reasons to support Bike Up Northumberland:
- Every penny raised goes to purchase priority medical equipment.
- As active cyclists we appreciate local emergency services in the unfortunate event we should ever need them.
- Participating in a cycling fundraising event demonstrates our commitment to the health benefits of an an active lifestyle.
- By meeting our modest goals this year we gain recognition by multiple levels of government about the importance of cycling in Northumberland County.
- It’s a LOCAL CHARITY and funds raised will stay in our community
Please join together on September 12 as we participate in this exciting new local ride to support our hospitals. Together, we can help create an event that will grow each year while also raising the profile of cycling in our beautiful county.