Sunday, September 17th – Level 3/4 Let’s Ride to Newcastle!

For those who weren’t able to join the Golden Beach joint club ride or anyone looking to get additional kilometres this weekend in preparation for next weekend’s 100km ride.  Please comment below if you are able to join.

This is a nice, longish route (approx.70km).  We have to take advantage of this amazing late Summer weather. Waterfront Trail all the way to Newcastle!  If you want to shorten the distance, just turn around at any point and come back because the route back is the same as the route there.  You can also start in Port Hope if you prefer a shorter distance (57km).  This makes it suitable for multiple levels.

Start time: 9:30am
Start location(s): Parkette on Carlisle St., Cobourg or King’s Field in Port Hope(10:15 am)
Level of difficulty: Level 3 and Level 4

An easy route, but for those who like a map here is one from Port Hope: 57k printable route map here or view it on Ride with GPS

This entry was posted in Upcoming Rides. Bookmark the permalink.

8 Responses to Sunday, September 17th – Level 3/4 Let’s Ride to Newcastle!

1. Deena Jilesen says:

Plan on coming Deb 😊

2. Tom Herd says:

I will meet the group in Port Hope at the park

3. James and Keill says:

I hope to meet up at the Carlisle park

4. Anita Macklin says:

We are in! Jet lag and all. We’ll see how far we get.

5. Deanna says:

I’ll meet up at Port Hope

6. James and Keill says:

I really must read what is written. For whatever reason I thought the ride started at 8:30am at the parkette. Deana had been the only one to respond and when she didn’t show up at 8:35 I try to hurry to PH to meet Deb and Tom (again the only ones I had seen sign up). Due to an incident (dropped water bottle at Hwy 2 and Hamilton intersection) I was a bit late (aiming for a 9:00am meetup) and when nobody was there I tried to catch up to the 2 speedsters. About 90 mins later I met everybody going in the opposite direction. Oops I got the start times wrong. No wonder it is hard to find people who will take a chance to ride with me. I don’t even want to.

7. James and Keill says:

Deb – your group today was the best grouping I have ever seen on a NHCC group ride. No stragglers and no long line of riders. Everybody was bunched in behind you and talking. That is what I call a group ride. Well done.

8. deb parks says:

Aw Jim. It would have been great to have you along. I messed up a time last week too. It’s easy to do.
    And yes we had a great group today. We stuck together the whole ride!