NHCC Bicycle Shorts Film Fest: April 19, 21st

While waiting for cycling season to get underway we’ve got the First Annual NHCC Bicycle Shorts Film Fest coming your way! Randy and Mike C. have collaborated with Rob Wilkes of VeloVID.com to bring you a collection of short videos that have been curated into a great collection of cycling entertainment. We’ll play it on the biggish screen at Randy & Anita’s home, inside of Randy’s Person Cave. There’s room for 20 people and we’ll have two screenings. If there is enough demand we may consider offering a third screening.

Rob from Velovid.com will be on hand Thursday to do a little narrative and introduction. This is a BYOB and BYOS event (S is code for Snacks).

Dates and Time:
Thursday April 19th: 8:00pm
Saturday April 21st: 8:00pm

RSVP IMPORTANT: Space is limited to the first 20 people who fill in their name on the spreadsheet here. Choose your preferred date. If you can’t access the spreadsheet for some reason, leaving us a comment will do and we’ll add your name!  SIGN UP HERE

This entry was posted in Off-season activity, Special Events, Uncategorized. Bookmark the permalink.

14 Responses to NHCC Bicycle Shorts Film Fest: April 19, 21st

1. Tara Wilson says:

Yup i can’t access the spreadsheet…for some reason. lol Saturday evening for me please.

2. Deanna says:

I’m having trouble also. Can you add me to Saturday also please.

3. Jen says:

I can’t put my name on spreadsheet either but please add me for the Saturday 🚴🏻

4. nhcycling says:

Not sure why you can’t add your names, but I’ve added them now and hopefully fixed up the spreadsheet so others can self-add

5. Petra Hartwit says:

I’d like to attend on the 21st at 8:00 for the Bike short films. I was able to open the spreadsheet, but not able to add my name.

6. Roberto says:

Me too. Please add me to the Saturday session. Looking forward to seeing the shorts. 😊

7. Raff Melito says:

Ditto on not being able to Edit the Spreadsheet . Can Carson & I consider ourselves registrants 13&14 ??? And there was talk of bringing your own chair – should we do that ?

Can access the spreadsheet but can’t add my name. 😜 May I please come on Saturday?

9. Jack McKeown says:

I signed up as Ronna and Jack McKeown for the 19th. It seemed to work. Hopefully the Google calendar did actually do its update as I entered our names.

10. Marshall Johnstone says:

I added myself (Marshall Johnstone) and Glennis (Glennis Johnstone) to the spreadsheet for April 19th and I believe it saved OK. Please add us if it didn’t.

11. Randy Albon says:

Hello Folks
    It looks like the Saturday night showing is full however there are a few more spots left for the Thursday showing.
    No need to bring chairs, however due to the recent weather its a little wet getting out to the shop (Person Cave) which is located in the back yard. Please wear winter footwear, and bring slippers if you wish.
    We will be providing chairs, but please feel free to bring your own beverages and snacks.
    The location is 8303 Smylie Road. That is about 6km from the 401, north up Burnham Street, about 3 km past precious corners. Turn right off of Burnham onto Smylie and we are the second driveway on the right. Probably best to park on the road.
    Call me at 905 376-8696 with any questions.
    Looking forward to seeing you all.

12. Randy Albon says:

Me Again
    Looks like we have filled up both nights seating for the first annual NHCC Bicycle Shorts Film Festival.

I have a few suggestions to make your evening as enjoyable as possible.

– the ground is soft and wet on the way to the shop. Please wear appropriate winter
    boots. You can always bring slippers to be comfortable once inside.
    – the shipment of lazyboy recliners did not show up, it may be wise to bring a bring a
    butt cushion.
    – I advise showing up for 7:30 pm so to allow time for mingling as we wish to start the
    films at 8pm.

We look forward to seeing you all. If you have any questions please do not hesitate to call me at 905 376-8696.

Cheers
    Randy

13. Randy Albon says:

Last night was a big success. A little cramped with 22 people in total, but we all fit.
    Coming a bit early was a good idea as folks were socializing a lot after the long winter. We will open the doors at 7pm for Saturdays screening. Showtime remains at 8pm.

Anita will be making up the popcorn.
    See you Saturday night.