To offer instructional rides for new cyclists at a leisurely and steady pace in a relaxing environment. These rides will promote safe cycling practices, skills development and the opportunity for experienced cyclists to enjoy a slower social ride and the opportunity to mentor others.
- Any type of bike goes—mountain bike, hybrid, road bike, beach cruiser.
- Easy, fun pace, lots of social talk time.
- No fancy spandex bike shorts required!
- Experienced ride leader to show the way.
- No experience necessary (though you need to know how to actually ride your bike)
- Best for those who have no idea how far they can ride.
- Distances between 10 and 20 km total distance at a nice slow pace.
- Learn group riding techniques (from a recreational perspective).
- Frequent stops as needed.
- May stop for ice-cream, freezies, or soft-drinks.
- You will never be abandoned on the road.
- Experienced riders to encourage you along.
These are fun rides. Great for any age, any fitness level, and any bike. Helmets are essential! (We never compromise safety)