A little more distance, maybe on country roads, and a hill or two may pop up. It’s a great complement to our Level 1 ride, especially if you want to progress toward longer rides on Thursdays and weekends. You’re ready for Level 2 if you tried Level 1 and said, “Wow! that was easy” and want to see if you can do just a little more.
- Ideal option for beginners and seasoned riders who want to take it easy for a change
- Best if you are interested in seeing a little scenery and yakking with others
- Any type of bike will do, though a hybrid or road bike will make it easier on you!
- Test your endurance just a little
- Distances starting at around 20km progressing up to 35-50km as the season progresses
- Experienced ride leaders will accompany the group
- Nobody will get dropped, the group stays together
- A comfortable pace of about 16-18km per hour (average)
- Brief stops for hydration or to re-group
- Bring one, preferably two water bottles (filled)
- Know how to change a flat tire (at least in theory)
- Be able to cycle for about an hour continuously (but not strenuously)
The ride leader will try to ensure that the pace is suitable for all. If a few riders start drifting back and getting left behind, the leader will slow everyone down to allow them to re-group. The group will wait at the top of the hills for others to catch up and to have a little break. If a rider decides to ride ahead or turn and go back, it must be communicated to the ride leader.