Slow, medium, fast…take your pick!
Regular Riding Season: May 1 to September 30
Off-season rides are posted on a weather and leader dependent basis.
HOW WE RATE OUR RIDES
NHCC Club rides are rated by
- A – Somewhat flat and no steep hills
- B – Gently rolling terrain with one or two short hills
- C – Moderate terrain with rolling short steep hills or moderate, sustained climbs
- D – Difficult terrain with longer, steeper hills
Speed indicated is while on flat or gentle hill terrain—not an average speed, but a cruising speed. Pace does not matter for Non-group rides, but if you want to know the general pace of the ride in order to keep up with the ride leader, pace is provided. Group rides adhere to the published pace of the posted ride.
- No Speed Provided – Ride leader has not submitted a pace
- (Level 1) Slow – Speeds approximately 16-18 kph (or in a group ride, the pace of the slowest rider)
- (Level 2) Leisurely – Speeds approximately 18-22 kph
- (Level 3) Moderate – Speeds approximately 22-24 kph
- (Level 4) Fast Paced – Consistently fast pace; speeds in excess of 25 kph
Types of Rides
- Group ride – Riders will stay together (map may or may not be provided)
- Regroup ride – Riders might spread out, and regroup at specific points along the way (map provided)
- Non-group ride – Riders may spread out, with no planned regroup points along the route (map provided)