The Northumberland Hills Cycling Club (NHCC) has developed the following Risk Management Plan to document how club activities are to be managed. These policies are to be practiced by club members, and also visiting Guests during every club ride.
- Bike helmets shall be worn at all times.
- Eyewear and gloves are strongly encouraged.
- Riders must adhere to and obey all rules of the road as per Ontario’s Highway Traffic Act.
- Riders are responsible for ensuring they are sufficiently fit for the activity they are to participate in.
- Riders are responsible for ensuring that their bicycle is in good working order.
- Riders are to ensure that they have adequate supply of water, sports drink, and nutritional supplements, as required, for the activity they are to participate in.
- Riders must be equipped with both front and rear lights on their bikes from 30 minutes before sunset until 30 minutes after sunrise.
- When stopping at the side of the road or at an intersection, riders must stay as far off the road as is reasonable.
- Riders must be equipped at all times with basic repair tools such as a bicycle pump (or CO2), patch kit, spare tube, tire levers, and identification.
- Riders who do not sign either a Club Membership Waiver or a Guest Waiver will not be permitted to ride with the NHCC.
These policies shall be a term of agreement upon Membership or Guest registration.
All accidents shall be reported to a Board Member for reporting to the insurance provider, and recorded on accident report forms provided by the NHCC.