Meet your Ride Coordinator: Randy Albon
Randy is one of the founding members of the NHCC, the one who laid down the fun-fitness-and-friendship philosophy for the Club. He has extensive cycle touring experience, volunteers with the Bicycle Action Committee of Sustainable Cobourg and is a past president of the NHCC.
Many have not been on bikes since Fall, so we’ll start out easy with a 37k on Thursday. We are going to build more strength and increase endurance as the season progresses. Please ensure that you have a front and a rear light on your bike.
What to expect on Level 4 rides: faster! This is the level for those who like to ride fast and climb a few hills. There is a “ride leader” present on the ride but participants will set a pace according to the groups wishes and there is no cap on speed.
- Road bikes are required
- Participants should be comfortable riding in a group formation, both single file and two-abreast
- No one gets dropped. However, those wishing to push the pace may do so!
- Distance for evening rides begin around 35km and increases , up to 55km for evening rides and 100km+ for daytime rides
- Speed (pace) will be set by group consensus and may vary
- Participants are expected to have access to the route map and be able to navigate
Thursday May 2nd, Level 4
Ride leader: Randy Albon
Start time: 6:30pm
Route map: (37k) It's all Downhill from Here: route map on Ride with GPS
Start location: Donegan Park on D'Arcy St.